A coincidence. Rereading John Dawson’s Gödel biography Logical Dilemmas, I’ve just got to the point where Dawson recounts how Gödel thought he’d discovered an inconsistency in the American Constitution, which would allow a dictatorship to arise (pp. 179-80). And then the same day I come across Elizabeth Drew’s recent article in the New York Review of Books explaining some of the ways in which the Bush White House has grabbed powers to itself and undermined the constitutional settlement between the three branches of government. Perhaps Gödel’s anxieties were well founded.
- Now 125+ Logical Snippets at https://t.co/8BzsQyJzhO Answers to qns of interest to beginning/intermediate logic students. Spread the word!, 1 hour ago
- RT @I__Love__Italy: Venice https://t.co/EIGQrKe0JD, Nov 20
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16