Arnie has been on a flying visit to Cambridge. Always very good to see him — and great fun to go out for a long evening of wall-to-wall philosophical gossip at the excellent Riceboat. One thing which I hadn’t registered which is worth passing on: Arnie’s A Structuralist Theory of Logic is now available as a paperback. It’s still not exactly cheap, but I do hope it gives the book another lease of life, as it deserves a higher profile than it has had. At least make sure it is in your university library!
- RT @Vella_Schiavo: “Tu non fai che cercar di tamponare la solitudine che sfugge da tutte le parti.” John Steinbeck ~ (Quel fantast… https://t.co/Sqqw9Mbxl9, 14 hours ago
- Logic people … what [metalanguage] symbol do you like to use for assigning a truth value to a wff??? https://t.co/OlouUTAzh0, Jan 13
- My version of dry January was to be not reading anything about blasted Br*x*t this month. Huh. Not going too well … I need to get a grip!, Jan 12
- RT @JoWolffBSG: Suppose you read a book a fortnight. And have an active adult reading life of 60 years. So that's only 1560 books i… https://t.co/8LI4iA7kDh, Jan 12
- Nothing quite like Dickens for late-night January reading in front of the fire, is there? This time: Dombey and Son. Loving it!, Jan 11