I’m a great fan of Guardian Review on Saturdays, which has usually decent and sometimes terrific book reviews (and is a lot more fun than the TLS). But they did get it badly wrong this week, recommending the awful The Artist and the Mathematician by Amir Aczel, which is a badly written pot-boiler about the Bourbaki group. Which is a great pity when there is a very good and readable book which is actually pretty illuminating, Maurice Mashaal’s Bourbaki: A Secret Society of Mathematicians.
- And let’s spread some further cheer this morning: https://t.co/1mUx9uSU7c, Nov 22
- Over 125 lucid(?) helpful(??) fun (???) posts on intro/intermediate logic for students listed at https://t.co/8BzsQyJzhO Spread the word!, Nov 22
- If you need cheering up this morning, this will hit the spot … https://t.co/UlZRLFypjP, Nov 22
- Now 125+ Logical Snippets at https://t.co/8BzsQyJzhO Answers to qns of interest to beginning/intermediate logic students. Spread the word!, Nov 21
- RT @I__Love__Italy: Venice https://t.co/EIGQrKe0JD, Nov 20