… and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Still, some study is a lot less wearisome, and some books a heck of a lot more fun, than the alternatives. So let me recommend Kate Belsey’s Why Shakespeare? as a good read, and really illuminating. I think she’s wrong about Bridget Jones’s big knickers, but then disagreeing is fun and illuminating too. However, you’ll have to see how Bridget gets into the story for yourself.
- RT @jana_bacevic: I found this comic yesterday and think I want to marry it & have its babies. https://t.co/NcNMDk0GHi, 8 hours ago
- Logic people might be interested in a PDF of an (old) biblio of Georg Kreisel … https://t.co/HnOdqqdR5W, Jan 20
- RT @Vella_Schiavo: “Tu non fai che cercar di tamponare la solitudine che sfugge da tutte le parti.” John Steinbeck ~ (Quel fantast… https://t.co/Sqqw9Mbxl9, Jan 19
- Logic people … what [metalanguage] symbol do you like to use for assigning a truth value to a wff??? https://t.co/OlouUTAzh0, Jan 13
- My version of dry January was to be not reading anything about blasted Br*x*t this month. Huh. Not going too well … I need to get a grip!, Jan 12