… and much study is a weariness of the flesh. Still, some study is a lot less wearisome, and some books a heck of a lot more fun, than the alternatives. So let me recommend Kate Belsey’s Why Shakespeare? as a good read, and really illuminating. I think she’s wrong about Bridget Jones’s big knickers, but then disagreeing is fun and illuminating too. However, you’ll have to see how Bridget gets into the story for yourself.
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8