Well, this is moderately cheering (about logic matters, at any rate). First, about fifteen people have said that they are interested in a reading group working through the shorter Hodges on model theory. And now, about a fifth [update: over a quarter] of our second year undergrads already have said they are interested in another reading group working through Bell, DeVidi and Solomon (I’ve warned them it isn’t a doddle). So despite my despondency about the state of logic in the UK more generally, interest does seem to live on here (bright students will see there’s perhaps more serious sustenance than in e.g. worrying about how they know there’s a coffee cup in front of them, which is a game which palls for most of us after about twelve minutes). It’s just that we don’t have enough people to sustain a proper logic teaching programme.
- And let’s spread some further cheer this morning: https://t.co/1mUx9uSU7c, Nov 22
- Over 125 lucid(?) helpful(??) fun (???) posts on intro/intermediate logic for students listed at https://t.co/8BzsQyJzhO Spread the word!, Nov 22
- If you need cheering up this morning, this will hit the spot … https://t.co/UlZRLFypjP, Nov 22
- Now 125+ Logical Snippets at https://t.co/8BzsQyJzhO Answers to qns of interest to beginning/intermediate logic students. Spread the word!, Nov 21
- RT @I__Love__Italy: Venice https://t.co/EIGQrKe0JD, Nov 20