When I was editing Analysis, I went to quite a few conferences in the line of fairly pleasurable duty, to find out what the bright young things were up to, what the hot topics were. But since then I’ve become a stay-at-home, going to a few conferences here in Cambridge, but otherwise not venturing out much. Philosophical globe-trotting for the sake of it has never much appealed. So, it’s going a bit against type to have just agreed to spend a couple of months in New Zealand next year as a Visiting Erskine Fellow at the University of Canterbury. But by all accounts, the place is wonderfully welcoming to visitors, a gentle-paced sojourn in one place attracts me much more than the kind of whistle-stop tours some people delight in, and New Zealand is spectacularly beautiful. I’m beginning to look forward to it a lot.
- Now 125+ Logical Snippets at https://t.co/8BzsQyJzhO Answers to qns of interest to beginning/intermediate logic students. Spread the word!, 1 hour ago
- RT @I__Love__Italy: Venice https://t.co/EIGQrKe0JD, Nov 20
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16