After the enjoyable Second Cambridge Graduate Conference on the Philosophy of Logic and Mathematics back in January, I wrote up some remarks I gave responding to a talk by Julien Murzi and Ole Hjortland, based on their ‘Inferentialism and the Categoricity Problem: Reply to Raatikainen‘ (which is coming out in Analysis). Luca Incurvati independently shared my worries about what they say about Smiley and rejection, and had more points to make about their remarks on intuitionism. Putting our thoughts together, Luca and I have come up with a joint paper “Rejection and valuations“, now also forthcoming in Analysis: it has, we hope, some stand-alone interest, if you want a steer on what is going on in Smiley’s original paper on Rejection. Enjoy!
- Logic people might be interested in a PDF of an (old) biblio of Georg Kreisel … https://t.co/HnOdqqdR5W, 21 hours ago
- RT @Vella_Schiavo: “Tu non fai che cercar di tamponare la solitudine che sfugge da tutte le parti.” John Steinbeck ~ (Quel fantast… https://t.co/Sqqw9Mbxl9, Jan 19
- Logic people … what [metalanguage] symbol do you like to use for assigning a truth value to a wff??? https://t.co/OlouUTAzh0, Jan 13
- My version of dry January was to be not reading anything about blasted Br*x*t this month. Huh. Not going too well … I need to get a grip!, Jan 12
- RT @JoWolffBSG: Suppose you read a book a fortnight. And have an active adult reading life of 60 years. So that's only 1560 books i… https://t.co/8LI4iA7kDh, Jan 12