After the enjoyable Second Cambridge Graduate Conference on the Philosophy of Logic and Mathematics back in January, I wrote up some remarks I gave responding to a talk by Julien Murzi and Ole Hjortland, based on their ‘Inferentialism and the Categoricity Problem: Reply to Raatikainen‘ (which is coming out in Analysis). Luca Incurvati independently shared my worries about what they say about Smiley and rejection, and had more points to make about their remarks on intuitionism. Putting our thoughts together, Luca and I have come up with a joint paper “Rejection and valuations“, now also forthcoming in Analysis: it has, we hope, some stand-alone interest, if you want a steer on what is going on in Smiley’s original paper on Rejection. Enjoy!
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8