She’s now recorded the solo sonatas for the first time and re-recorded the partitas (this time using gut strings and a baroque bow on a stunning-sounding 1750 Guadagnini). I liked the previous recording of the Partitas a lot, and that was already one of my favourite versions. But this time the result I think is simply amazing, one of those recordings that immediately imposes its vision — compelling you to think this is how the music ought to be played. It is indeed a great thing.
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8