She’s now recorded the solo sonatas for the first time and re-recorded the partitas (this time using gut strings and a baroque bow on a stunning-sounding 1750 Guadagnini). I liked the previous recording of the Partitas a lot, and that was already one of my favourite versions. But this time the result I think is simply amazing, one of those recordings that immediately imposes its vision — compelling you to think this is how the music ought to be played. It is indeed a great thing.
- Logic people might be interested in a PDF of an (old) biblio of Georg Kreisel … https://t.co/HnOdqqdR5W, Jan 20
- RT @Vella_Schiavo: “Tu non fai che cercar di tamponare la solitudine che sfugge da tutte le parti.” John Steinbeck ~ (Quel fantast… https://t.co/Sqqw9Mbxl9, Jan 19
- Logic people … what [metalanguage] symbol do you like to use for assigning a truth value to a wff??? https://t.co/OlouUTAzh0, Jan 13
- My version of dry January was to be not reading anything about blasted Br*x*t this month. Huh. Not going too well … I need to get a grip!, Jan 12
- RT @JoWolffBSG: Suppose you read a book a fortnight. And have an active adult reading life of 60 years. So that's only 1560 books i… https://t.co/8LI4iA7kDh, Jan 12