Newly in to the CUP bookshop today, a second edition of Lawvere and Schanuel’s Conceptual Mathematics. This has a little new material over and above what was in the first edition: that looks a good move, as I found when new to category theory that the first version ended too soon, without enough pointers forward to where we were we being taken.
- OK — In Logic 101, what would *you* say about names and quantifiers in English vs FOL? https://t.co/Q7MgNPOpse, Feb 24
- RT @LewyLib: #OnThisDay in 1903, Frank Plumpton Ramsey, the Cambridge philosopher, mathematician and economist and close friend… https://t.co/k8LkiqjzCv, Feb 22
- Just a reminder, LaTeX (not just) For Logicians has its own direct url: https://t.co/OCO2zdDxpy Spread the word! #LaTeX #Tex, Feb 21
- The Pavel Haas Quartet and friends obviously not enjoying themselves at all https://t.co/k4zl4Cz10l, Feb 20
- RT @Scruton_Quotes: "When I think of Schubert's death, and lament that he did not live to the age of Mozart, I think of the love that h… https://t.co/C9i5vBgDXY, Feb 20