As I mentioned in the last post, it fell to me to introduce the last two chapters in Part III of Field — namely, Ch. 17 in which he rounds out his key technical construction, and Ch. 18, ‘What Has Been Done’. And having got to the end of Field’s core presentation of his story, we are going to call it a day. Since it was the last meeting, I took my cue from Ch. 18 and offered some very quickly written reflections on what has (or rather hasn’t) been achieved. Here they are. Comments more than usually welcome: what am I missing?
- Just a reminder, LaTeX (not just) For Logicians has its own direct url: https://t.co/OCO2zdDxpy Spread the word! #LaTeX #Tex, Feb 21
- The Pavel Haas Quartet and friends obviously not enjoying themselves at all https://t.co/k4zl4Cz10l, Feb 20
- RT @Scruton_Quotes: "When I think of Schubert's death, and lament that he did not live to the age of Mozart, I think of the love that h… https://t.co/C9i5vBgDXY, Feb 20
- RT @Scruton_Quotes: "In Venice or Prague, in Bath, Oxford, or Lisbon, you come to see that there is all the difference in the world bet… https://t.co/4BOCTiZH39, Feb 20
- RT @davidallengreen: "Deign on the passing world to turn thine eyes, And pause awhile from Twitter, to be wise." Adapting Samuel Johnso… https://t.co/woweD4ZSaN, Feb 20