I’ve just heard that CUP will probably look kindly on a proposal for a second edition of my Gödel book, to come out two or three years hence. There have already been a couple of (quite heavily) corrected reprints, but this time I’d do an end-to-end rewrite, and the whole thing could perhaps be up to 10% longer. So if you have bright ideas about how to make the thing better/more useful, or views about stuff I’d left out that ought to be in the book, I’d be delighted to hear them. It will be good to have a limited retirement project to fall back on when other work isn’t going so well.
- Logic people might be interested in a PDF of an (old) biblio of Georg Kreisel … https://t.co/HnOdqqdR5W, Jan 20
- RT @Vella_Schiavo: “Tu non fai che cercar di tamponare la solitudine che sfugge da tutte le parti.” John Steinbeck ~ (Quel fantast… https://t.co/Sqqw9Mbxl9, Jan 19
- Logic people … what [metalanguage] symbol do you like to use for assigning a truth value to a wff??? https://t.co/OlouUTAzh0, Jan 13
- My version of dry January was to be not reading anything about blasted Br*x*t this month. Huh. Not going too well … I need to get a grip!, Jan 12
- RT @JoWolffBSG: Suppose you read a book a fortnight. And have an active adult reading life of 60 years. So that's only 1560 books i… https://t.co/8LI4iA7kDh, Jan 12