The exhibition ‘Jan Gossaert’s Renaissance’ is on at the National Gallery for another ten days. Warmly recommended. Especially to those, like us, who are really pretty ignorant of the Northern Renaissance. Quite a revelation. We learnt a lot, and some of the pictures are just stunning. Beautifully presented (as usual), but also (not so usual for major exhibitions downstairs in the Sainsbury Wing) very quiet — which was important as a lot of the pictures and all the drawings are small scale and so you need to get up close. So, as I said, much recommended.
- RT @jana_bacevic: I found this comic yesterday and think I want to marry it & have its babies. https://t.co/NcNMDk0GHi, 8 hours ago
- Logic people might be interested in a PDF of an (old) biblio of Georg Kreisel … https://t.co/HnOdqqdR5W, Jan 20
- RT @Vella_Schiavo: “Tu non fai che cercar di tamponare la solitudine che sfugge da tutte le parti.” John Steinbeck ~ (Quel fantast… https://t.co/Sqqw9Mbxl9, Jan 19
- Logic people … what [metalanguage] symbol do you like to use for assigning a truth value to a wff??? https://t.co/OlouUTAzh0, Jan 13
- My version of dry January was to be not reading anything about blasted Br*x*t this month. Huh. Not going too well … I need to get a grip!, Jan 12