The exhibition ‘Jan Gossaert’s Renaissance’ is on at the National Gallery for another ten days. Warmly recommended. Especially to those, like us, who are really pretty ignorant of the Northern Renaissance. Quite a revelation. We learnt a lot, and some of the pictures are just stunning. Beautifully presented (as usual), but also (not so usual for major exhibitions downstairs in the Sainsbury Wing) very quiet — which was important as a lot of the pictures and all the drawings are small scale and so you need to get up close. So, as I said, much recommended.
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8