I’ve mentioned here before my ever-growing admiration for the Belcea Quartet. Last week at a late night Prom concert they played the Schubert Quintet (with Valentin Erben as the second cello) with their usual intensity. You can hear it here for another few days. You have to forgive the inter-movement sprinklings of applause: this is a rather wonderful performance, and probably heard better on the radio than it would have been in the vastness of the Albert Hall. Listen — and then get their even better CD performance.
- Logic people might be interested in a PDF of an (old) biblio of Georg Kreisel … https://t.co/HnOdqqdR5W, 21 hours ago
- RT @Vella_Schiavo: “Tu non fai che cercar di tamponare la solitudine che sfugge da tutte le parti.” John Steinbeck ~ (Quel fantast… https://t.co/Sqqw9Mbxl9, Jan 19
- Logic people … what [metalanguage] symbol do you like to use for assigning a truth value to a wff??? https://t.co/OlouUTAzh0, Jan 13
- My version of dry January was to be not reading anything about blasted Br*x*t this month. Huh. Not going too well … I need to get a grip!, Jan 12
- RT @JoWolffBSG: Suppose you read a book a fortnight. And have an active adult reading life of 60 years. So that's only 1560 books i… https://t.co/8LI4iA7kDh, Jan 12