I’ve mentioned here before my ever-growing admiration for the Belcea Quartet. Last week at a late night Prom concert they played the Schubert Quintet (with Valentin Erben as the second cello) with their usual intensity. You can hear it here for another few days. You have to forgive the inter-movement sprinklings of applause: this is a rather wonderful performance, and probably heard better on the radio than it would have been in the vastness of the Albert Hall. Listen — and then get their even better CD performance.
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8