I have added a page of suggestions of what to read after my intro. logic book. I’d be particularly interested to hear comments, take suggestions, etc. And it isn’t just a question of putting a favourite sequence of books in front of people for them to battle through, so that they can eventually jump examination hoops. There is also the matter of inducing a certain amount of that elusive desired quality we call ‘mathematical maturity’. How do we best help bring that about?
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8