BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- Coffee and a good book in the garden in the sun ... I can live with that! http://t.co/YfHAj9Qz0f, May 27
- András Schiff's new CDs of Schubert played on a fortepiano are an astonishing revelation (in a good way!)., May 26
- Late spring in Cornwall http://t.co/YHHhCJ4BbN, May 26
- Watching jackdaws nesting in chimneys below us, the annual mystery: how do jackdaws get OUT of a chimney?, May 20
- RT @MissLilySummers: Liz Kendall would be the perfect candidate if you want a leader who is vacuous and avoids the questions. #newsnight, May 13