BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- CDs of year from @BeatriceRana, @gavricivana, @TiberghienC & Alina Ibragimova, @chiaroscuro4tet, @doric_quartet at https://t.co/VKxMkVqZmm, 10 hours ago
- RT @JoWolffBSG: Retweeting my most-read Guardian column, a few weeks ago, seemed to go well, so here is the only one, to my knowled… https://t.co/R5C8ETPwQm, 16 hours ago
- What are your logic and philosophy of maths books of 2017? Let us know at https://t.co/rhDVBufoa7, Dec 14
- The “David-Davis-Dunning-Kruger effect” has a certain ring to it, no?, Dec 11
- Very interesting and rather persuasive piece on musical surprise. (Not sure about the choice of examples, but that’… https://t.co/BzJKqXyKtC, Dec 10