BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @acambridgediary: #redsun over #Cambridge https://t.co/055OhOKSR6, 22 hours ago
- RT @acambridgediary: #redsun over #Cambridge https://t.co/oZhP48HvIp, 22 hours ago
- Where does Quine talk of “don’t care cases” in connection with getting definitions right ? (He does, doesn’t he?!? But google isn’t helping), Oct 15
- “There was a man and he was mad/And he ran up the steeple/ And there he cut his nose off/And flung it at the people.” Anon foretells #brexit, Oct 15
- “helfpul” is obviously a word just waiting to be put to helpful use., Oct 12