BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @DaintyBallerina: Why is the UK still offering a state visit to Trump when the BBC is now banned from attending his press conferences?, 4 hours ago
- Is it irksome to remark that they still seem pretty popular in the, albeit priggish, circles like wot I frequent … https://t.co/Olw1zRxVz6, 5 hours ago
- RT @Franz_Berto: 4-year postdoc in Logic & AI in ERC LoC project! Please circulate as widely as possible, come work with us @ #ILLC! https://t.co/4MXeAXFvTe, 15 hours ago
- RT @I__Love__Italy: firenze https://t.co/8ef3HFL0dD, Feb 24
- Three cheers for readability! https://t.co/U4euNOc7KX, Feb 23