BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- Every logician has different views about how to sell the material conditional. You can be rude about my attempt at https://t.co/BnIJlLqMAT, 3 hours ago
- RT @Amanda_Vickery: If even the Guardian describes universities as an industry the pass is lost: https://t.co/aGkQVJjyXx, Jun 25
- Three suggested holiday books at https://t.co/uRzpSFz4F9 And relaxed reading suggestions that you’d like to share?, Jun 25
- Three recommendations for fun holiday reading at https://t.co/vwO0dVKuk7 What are your three recommendations?, Jun 24
- A lot of humanity here from Athene Donald https://t.co/obO4Ah5IoZ, Jun 23