BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- Category Theory lecture 22 — T algebras, Eilenberg-Moore category, Kleisli category. Gears of my brain grinding horribly. Caffeine needed., 6 hours ago
- Listening: Ich habe genug, from the John Eliot Gardiner Bach Cantata Pilgrimage. So very moving., Nov 26
- That sudden realisation that the proof that has seemed impenetrable for a couple of days is actually obvious., Nov 25
- I don't usually go for mixed recital CDs — but Ivana Gavrić's "In the Mists" is really something special. http://t.co/Zmq9pjdmAp, Nov 24
- RT @anitaleirfall: “I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library...” ― Jorge Luis Borges (1899-1986), Nov 24