BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @DunedinConsort: 5 shiny stars for our new recording of Bach's Christmas Oratorio from @GdnClassical! https://t.co/NfNhhApEWm, 2 hours ago
- More recent work on modalities in grammatical spirit of Hacking’s “All Kinds of Possibility” & Alan White’s book “Modal Thinking” (1975)??, 17 hours ago
- Suggestions of more recent work in grammatical spirit of Hacking’s “All Kinds of Possibility” & Alan White’s book “Modal Thinking” (1975)??, 24 hours ago
- RT @Law_and_policy: Four months to day after the referendum, the only froods in UK who know where their towels are seem to be Carney, Sturgeon, and Hammond., Oct 24
- RT @EJBrand: This morning I am wallowing in the Ormesby Psalter. Here is a nut-eating medieval squirrel oblivious to impending a… https://t.co/O7SoZQkXLN, Oct 21