BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @davidallengreen: The politician responsible for the failed water cannon purchase and garden bridge project explains how UK can make a success out of Brexit., Sep 16
- RT @serpentstail: STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING *** NEW @SarahGPerry novel coming next year! *** https://t.co/5fqzNMMMKc #MELMOTH https://t.co/4ebqZmlm6n, Sep 14
- RT @calvinb: This Fibonacci joke is as bad as the last two you heard combined., Sep 14
- RT @GreggDCaruso: Gottlob Frege: The machine in the ghost | by @Raymodraco |Prospect Magazine | https://t.co/gvhP24hjFq, Sep 14
- RT @I__Love__Italy: venezia https://t.co/dGCCm4gCBf, Sep 13