BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @AllenStairs: And *of course* textbooks and other pedagogical material shouldn’t count in assessing publication, because blahblah, Nov 29
- RT @AllenStairs: Professors need their low teaching loads so they can turn out the research that mostly wouldn't be missed if it never existed., Nov 29
- RT @jane9668: Dear @BBCTwo why can't you just put the rest of the tennis onto the red button!!! Stop mucking about with @bbcstrictly #ItTakesTwo, Nov 27
- 3 posts.1st instalment on Roy's Symbolic Logic text; call for suggestions for next TYL Guide; and Sabine Devieilhe https://t.co/vwO0dVKuk7, Nov 26
- Any recommends for esp. good online lecture notes apt for self-study on areas of logic? https://t.co/Eg5EP19FlA (Pls spread the word!), Nov 25