BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- Last 3 blogposts at http://t.co/vwO0dVKuk7 Category theory: the Pavel Haas Quartet: category theory. Not that I'm infatuated about either., Feb 27
- That moment, writing p. 111, when you realize that you've accumulated enough niggling worries that you need to start over from p.1., Feb 26
- Listening to Alina Ibragimova and Cédric Tiberghien's Beethoven Spring Sonata on one of their @wigmore_hall CDs. Transcendentally good., Feb 26
- As of this moment, there are exactly 107 people reading http://t.co/Gup8HZ9voR …who knew category theory was so hot a topic?, Feb 25
- RT @cambsphoto: A carpet of #crocuses. Spring is here! #Cambridge #SpringIsHere #CambsPhoto http://t.co/WIL439qUKY, Feb 25