BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @I__Love__Italy: Ferrara https://t.co/5qEQXJV2y9, Feb 12
- New website for Imogen Cooper: https://t.co/SLtAjkJU4x (And why the heck isn’t she Dame Imogen? If anyone deserves the accolade it is she.), Feb 9
- New version of Gentle Intro to Category Theory. 273pp. of fun! https://t.co/A74TCSKKJF Also at https://t.co/Gup8HZ9voR Pls spread the word!, Feb 9
- Waves hitting Aberystwyth — a familiar memory! https://t.co/JifGqyLFub, Feb 8
- A Gentle Intro to Category Theory has grown by 100pp. View/download the latest version at https://t.co/A74TCSKKJF Spread the word!, Feb 8