BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- I’ve filled in the Cambridge Uni Library survey. Maybe if we *all* ask for a proper coffee room with a proper espresso machine …???, 12 hours ago
- RT @Libroantiguo: "To build up a library is to create a life. It's never just a random collection of books." Carlos Domínguez 🎨The Bi… https://t.co/1ApvtMUGCa, 15 hours ago
- It is jolly difficult to distinguish the genuine Corbynistas in my twitter feed from trolls taking the piss about the glorious new dawn., Apr 23
- RT @valeriadepaiva: lovely indeed! https://t.co/IcCf0WE2cc, Apr 21
- Going to change title of this ch. from “Formal and informal logic” to “Informal and formal logic”. Great, eh, when inspiration strikes?, Apr 21