BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- On Robert Paul Wolff's list of 25 philosophy books every PhD student should read.. Tosh, I say. http://t.co/yT9YMoWxwK, 8 hours ago
- Beautiful January morning on the river in #Cambridge http://t.co/FFu1DYfOmZ, Jan 25
- RT @KeesJanSchilt: "If people do not believe that mathematics is simple, it is only because they do not realize how complicated life is."- John von Neumann, Jan 24
- So such a very great pity that @Dannythefink piece yesterday is behind paywall ... Deserves/needs widest possible readership., Jan 22
- Off to bed with Mrs Casaubon. Things are not going well …, Jan 20