BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- Listening: Haydn Op 64, no .5 from the old Lindsays recordings of Haydn quartets live at @wigmore_hall. Still just wonderful., 9 hours ago
- Any thoughts about Git (or other version control systems) for single-author academic use? Do share them at http://t.co/xiyfoU0OcT, 14 hours ago
- RT @GuyLongworth: Back to paper revisions. Slaying darlings with ne'er a care., 20 hours ago
- Do you have views about Git (as in GitHub, GitLab etc.) for single-author paper/book projects? http://t.co/vwO0dVKuk7, 20 hours ago
- RT @cdutilhnovaes: First installment is a quick review of the literature on the beauty of proofs. http://t.co/ADtuyrvP0b, Oct 5