BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- A few edits to my initial reaction to Apple Music as a classical music listener at http://t.co/kDmE7Rqyky Loving it!, 4 hours ago
- RT @andrejbauer: @ZoltanAK Well, mathematical logic is a branch of math. It does not come before math, does not "secure" math, does not "justify" math., Jul 3
- Search "Goerne, Brendel" in Apple Music and up comes, inter alia, "The Irish Dance". Shurely shome mishtake., Jul 3
- My twopennyworth of first impressions of Apple Music (as a classical music enthusiast) http://t.co/XZlLXii9a1, Jul 3
- 9 MacBook Air throws wobbly. 9-12 Try every trick in book. 12 Make Genius Bar Appt. 12-2 Lunch, consolatory wine. 2.30 MBA wakes up. Huh., Jul 2