BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @JoWolffBSG: Very touched that @UCLPhilosophy is holding conference for me. Wonderful line-up of speakers. My thanks to @vmdarde https://t.co/WbNJ5feMMT, 5 hours ago
- I loved Robert Harris's Cicero trilogy. But his new Conclave is surely very disappointing, the ending ridiculously fanciful ..., May 14
- RT @gravbeast: Sounds interesting. via @PeterSmith: Penelope Maddy on sets, categories, and the multiverse https://t.co/kLM3QLGYms, May 13
- Sad for old Aber hands to see that the Uni is rather dire financial straits (again) https://t.co/XMVYlm31Rb, May 10
- "Were you still up for Jeremy Hunt?" https://t.co/l9vfA2Oqcs, May 9