BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @I__Love__Italy: siena https://t.co/KQgUC0foAz, 13 hours ago
- RT @alauraschneider: History shows that protests alone are not enough. In 1932, 100,000 people in Berlin demonstrated against the Nazis.… https://t.co/bZ924ymN4S, 13 hours ago
- “When the world is mad, a mathematician may find in mathematics an incomparable anodyne.” (G. H. Hardy) Though, for me, Bach compares …, 19 hours ago
- RT @CUPBookshop: It's #AcBookWeek everyone! We have 25% off all academic titles (almost everything in the main shop). Enjoy! https://t.co/QaCcimCuzY, 22 hours ago
- RT @I__Love__Italy: tropea https://t.co/AKQHnLHn7W, Jan 22