BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- Perhaps it wasn't the best of ideas to do a side-by-side tasting of our fave Prosecco and a good Franciacorta. Could prove expensive., 6 hours ago
- I just donated to #Wikipedia. Been invaluable again this year. #keepitfree https://t.co/nxqrQ5M8WP, 7 hours ago
- …. says he, having realised he didn't understand one of his own proofs on re-reading it. Huh., 7 hours ago
- True cliché of the day: fixing a helpful notation is a really big step in writing good maths expositions. …., 7 hours ago
- How to survive xmas: get the wonderful Haydn Op 20 quartets, stunningly played by @doric_quartet on their new CDs https://t.co/RfyEpCmajb, 11 hours ago