BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- Oops. Procrastinating again. This time, on whether we can prove arithmetical induction is valid? http://t.co/gKyULvd2tF, 4 hours ago
- RT @I__Love__Italy: Palazzo at dusk - Venice http://t.co/9NK8rjjKZ9, 6 hours ago
- RT @SupraphonCZ: It's here again! Congratulations to Pavel Haas Quartet on their fourth #GramoAwards from @GramophoneMag! It's simply FABULOUS, isn't it...:), 9 hours ago
- New logic students might like to be reminded about the TYL Study Guide http://t.co/UMhTmgM88g Pls spread the word!, Aug 28
- RT @Scruton_Quotes: "Schubert is a composer whom we should celebrate every year and every day" Schubert is needed now more than ever, Aug 27