BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @I__Love__Italy: Vicolo di Lucca - Tuscan night https://t.co/JwE8A0Ww4R, Jul 26
- RT @Scruton_Quotes: "For those born into bookless homes, but awoken by chance to literature, the public library was a refuge" Gentle Regrets, Jul 25
- RT @I__Love__Italy: Tuscan hills at dusk- Pienza https://t.co/d356Y5dBNJ, Jul 25
- RT @I__Love__Italy: verona https://t.co/L2NgyDdT30, Jul 24
- RT @openculture: Download All 36 of Vermeer’s Beautifully Rare Paintings (Most in Stunning High Resolution) https://t.co/SD11TOZ0I9 https://t.co/pfaNlhz0LW, Jul 24