BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- Mikhail Pletnev's recording of Waldstein Sonata just superb. Thanks Venice Classic Radio! Bang goes this week's "no s/h CDs" resolution …, Mar 27
- John Burgess has a new phil. maths book out, *Rigor and Structure* (OUP). Here's 1st in series of blog posts on it http://t.co/meCdWURKUh, Mar 25
- Thought it was only has-beens like me who feared that philosophy is rather in the doldrums. Not so. http://t.co/nhF7QvztUA, Mar 24
- Starting to discuss John Burgess's (attractively short!) new book, *Rigor and Structure* at Logic Matters. http://t.co/meCdWURKUh, Mar 24
- What a pleasure to find that a book is as good as so many say. H is for Hawk really is wonderful., Mar 23