BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- Nick Cohen is so invariably cheering. And I fear will be proved right. https://t.co/MDqcEMzzhJ, Sep 28
- Just retiring HP Laserjet 2100M as the paper feed is beginning to jam too often. Not bad after over 16 years., Sep 28
- Very civilised plumbers doing their stuff around the house all day. Couldn’t have been quieter. So why so difficult to settle to the book?, Sep 28
- RT @historyinmoment: Henry Matisse https://t.co/15qMUQDwlQ, Sep 28
- Three blog posts. Medieval Logic (new Cambridge Companion). Category Theory (loads of links). Postcard from Sicily. https://t.co/vwO0dVsSVx, Sep 27