BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
- RT @keithfrankish: Brexit is a universal loss. The Remainers lost the Europe they had and the Leavers won't get the Britain they want., 4 hours ago
- How better to relieve the gloom of Brexit day than sitting in the sun in Piazza Navona? https://t.co/noqYzjNNsh, Mar 29
- Now just cross that I was enticed to squander an hour on such a third-rate farrago. #lineofduty, Mar 26
- Oh well, that became unwatchably ridiculous self-parody. Pity. #Lineofduty, Mar 26
- You wouldn’t think that (re)writing a page in an intro logic text would turn into a three-espresso problem. But there it is …, Mar 25