BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- Interesting interview with the Pavel Haas Quartet about their new Smetena CD and future plans. http://t.co/RSEQuecM5o, Apr 17
- If you are in #Cambridge, get down to the @adctheatre tonight or tomorrow for a quite delightful Midsummer Night's Dream from Bawds., Apr 16
- And best meal for a year at terrific Restaurant de Kas http://t.co/NvesgMS22p, Apr 10
- Better late than never to discover that Amsterdam is one of the most civilised cities on planet. & looking wonderful in late afternoon sun., Apr 10
- An Easter treat? New version of my growing Notes on Category Theory (now pp. 130) at http://t.co/vwO0dVKuk7 Spread the word …, Apr 4