BBC Radio 3 is playing Schubert, Schubert and yet more Schubert over the next few days. You can see the schedule here. Two highlights for me so far. The first half of the Imogen Cooper’s concert, playing the Allegretto in C minor D.915 and the
Impromptus D.899. I always admire her immensely, but I thought she was utterly wonderful last night. For a few days, you can listen here. And then, in ‘Schubert remixed’, the veena player Hari Sivanesan (pictured in the sound check) gave a rather remarkable rendition of ‘Ständchen’: do listen to that too (starting at 28.30).
Explore all this site
- Just got s/h Arleen Augér "Schubert: Goethe-Lieder" CD (with Olbertz accompanying). Just wonderful voice, truly fine interpretations., Nov 21
- And after 2500 iPad pages, will Lata end up with A Suitable Boy? ..., Nov 20
- Listening with great enjoyment to Ingrid Fliter's new Chopin Predules disc from @LinnRecords — absolutely convincing performances, Nov 20
- I KNOW it is daft to feel sentimental over half-read hardly remembered books from my past, esp. with world-class library down the road!, Nov 19
- New windows all finished. Dust sheets off bookshelves. Time for another book cull. Time to find another 100 philos books for Oxfam? Sob., Nov 19