Just so you can’t complain if I later post rave reviews of concerts you didn’t know about … The Takacs Quartet are going to be in Cambridge playing in the Camerata Musica season (the Hagen Quartet and András Schiff are also playing in the season early next year: which would be a quite astonishing line-up were it not for the fact that previous seasons have been equally stellar). And the Pavel Haas Quartet, whom I have enthused about here before, are playing at the Wigmore Hall on February 26 including the Beethoven Op. 130 with the Grosse Fuge. There are tickets left for both concerts as I post (but not for long, I imagine).
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8