On his blog, Timothy Gowers has asked for comments on some variant proofs, three proofs apiece in response to five basic problems in the elementary theory of functions, continuity etc. (so the proofs will be accessible by anyone reading this who has just a smidgin of first year maths). How do you rate the alternatives for clarity and style, and why? It’s quite fun to think about, so do join in!
- Logic people might be interested in a PDF of an (old) biblio of Georg Kreisel … https://t.co/HnOdqqdR5W, Jan 20
- RT @Vella_Schiavo: “Tu non fai che cercar di tamponare la solitudine che sfugge da tutte le parti.” John Steinbeck ~ (Quel fantast… https://t.co/Sqqw9Mbxl9, Jan 19
- Logic people … what [metalanguage] symbol do you like to use for assigning a truth value to a wff??? https://t.co/OlouUTAzh0, Jan 13
- My version of dry January was to be not reading anything about blasted Br*x*t this month. Huh. Not going too well … I need to get a grip!, Jan 12
- RT @JoWolffBSG: Suppose you read a book a fortnight. And have an active adult reading life of 60 years. So that's only 1560 books i… https://t.co/8LI4iA7kDh, Jan 12