Another post today, again spreading the word — this time not about a maths result I chanced to stumble across, but about a young pianist (who happens to be a recent Cambridge philosophy student, and who is now studying for a Masters in Performance at the Royal College of Music). Again, I just chanced to come across Konstancja Duff’s SoundCloud page, and recognising her name I started listening in particular to her performance there of the Schubert G Major sonata. And then I continued listening, and listened again. It is a very good, serious and reflective (philosophical!) performance of one of Schubert’s masterpieces. I thought it rather remarkable, enjoyed it a great deal, and hope you will too.
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8