I have various time-consuming plans for the next few weeks and also need to do quite a bit of reading if I’m to put together a decent update for the Teach Yourself Logic guide for 2016. Hence work on revising the category theory notes — already going at, shall we say, a rather gentle pace — will no doubt slow even more. So I thought I would put online the current version of Category Theory: A Gentle Introduction even though it doesn’t reach a natural break point. So far then, the now fourteen chapters (123 pp.), after introducing categories, consider limits and exponentials (constructions within categories) before moving on to start talking about functors (maps between categories). The category theory page here indicates which chapters to then read in the old notes, if you are feeling suitably enthused!
- Was fine exhib at Nat Gal of C19 purchases, incl “Botticelli” that’s now OBV not! Bet this’ll be in 2117 exhib of… https://t.co/RAqeFr6Xsx, Nov 16
- RT @JohnRentoul: @georgeeaton Let’s build on it & create an island megalopolis! https://t.co/vc4bjQGR3c, Nov 16
- RT @venezia_56: Dogana da Mar #Benoni Punta della Salute Sull' orizzonte la Giudecca e la Chiesa e Ospizio delle Zitelle… https://t.co/QVvYr6qAOK, Nov 16
- Rather disappointed to see that only one minister had resigned in the time the opera took …, Nov 8
- Aida at Prague National Theatre. Production rather clunky — but Veronika Hajnová a terrific Amneris who made the evening., Nov 8